We're gaining traction in our efforts to break a Guinness world record, which as it can be done from the sofa is my kind of record.
The more I think of it, the more I feel one of these inflatables should be saved for the nation and hung ~ and regularly re-inflated ~ in the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich.
Google tells me that it is thought that 20,000 to 30,000 Vikings settled in Britain, where my home town of Shitwick bears a Viking name.
To date 17,500 refugees have arrived in the UK this year, a figure set to match the efforts of our friends from Denmark.
We went to great lengths to preserve one of their own boats for the nation down at Sutton Hoo, and if we can do it for a pile of firewood then we surely can for rubber?
Join me if you would on wasting your own life on projects of this kind.
Thanks ChatGPT for the frame. I bought a reproduction of 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring' from the Mauritshuis Museum whilst working for Dutch airline Vbird, and asked if I might have the copy hanging in a frame? The check-out lady checked with a manager. 'No you can't,' she said, 'because it's the one Vermeer used.' Passing it through the scanner at Schiphol ~ accompanied by Iron Maiden front-man Bruce Dickinson ~ I said it was the original. They all laughed, and I wish it had been.
