Mentioned the other day the enduring success of smaller jet engines in the shape of turbo-props for regional airliners and miniature turbojets originally evolved for the modelling community but since co-opted for personal air vehicles.
Troubling Ukraine as I write an altogether faster form of drone, powered by such and capable of 300 m.p.h. plus even saddled with a warhead.
Germany pioneered the tech that was inevitably replicated by the Chinese at a lower cost. When I worked in Shanghai I was struck too by how I might buy a new 'boxer' type of motorcycle ~ with or without sidecar ~ for a fraction of the German original.
The reason? Captured during WW2 by advancing Russian forces they would first be reverse-engineered there before being shared with China.
Thus everything German ~ or from anywhere else for that matter ~ is not so much turning Japanese, turning Japanese (you'd really think so) so much as Chinese.