Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Face Off... and On Again


In a moment of epic import on a par with that of Odysseus, I too have returned after ten years sojourn: but to Facebook if not Ithaca. Needless to say the profile needed updating to reflect the advancing years ~ but not overly so ~ and I have settled for this delightful AI render.

I asked it to drop the 'northern trucker' vibe for a look that says 'Here I am in my vineyard in the Napa Valley on a summer's evening entertaining billionaire friends and enjoying the fruits of my labour designing and building not so much rockets for Mars as bits of polystyrene I can sit on out at sea.'

As a young man about London Town I'd be told I had the look of Rick Astley about me, although nowadays ~ as I just saw in his book ~ he still retains a quiff whereas I do not. Nonetheless you can be whomever you want to be on social media!

The alternative being that seen below, which frankly still has its hat in the ring.