Thursday, October 17, 2024

One Small Step for a Pair of Waders...


...one giant leap for drone-kind. Bizarrely when I Googled 'swimming pools to hire' it turns out there was someone nearby with an outhouse who'd built an online business on that basis albeit for kid's parties (though I suggested to them that they tag it 'static flotation test-tanks' in order to cater to pressing needs like mine).

Here's a local pond near the heart of the old coal-mining industry hereabouts and I wondered whether stepping in with my waders I'd not be seen again having sunk to several fathoms. Frankly it wasn't something I was in a hurry to do, but as they say in Benidorm it's lovely once you're in.

Chopping the tail-end off the hydroskis ~ which provided for unwanted buoyancy at the rear end ~ did the trick, for with the equivalent of two 3,900 mAh battery-packs rear-loaded, it's back to looking the 'dog's bollocks' as we engineers say. Subbing for the packs incidentally is the quarter-brick featured earlier.