Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Foam Fatale


The seat's just for fun... for I know only too well that adding people to eVTOL aircraft makes life immeasurably harder and less remunerative altogether.

This is the craft without its hydro-skis, and really a look-see with which to form a first impression. I like the integrity of pitching the deck mid-height, but dislike the fact the upper half of the floats are redundant: worse still, they make too large a keel surface. 

The craft could be narrower to fit the trailer more easily. These apart though, we could be on our way to inventing the self-launching boat.

I may yet mod the pontoons and narrow the beam, but each are jobs for the weekend: "Drone was not built in a day" as they say.

The foam incidentally appears on the outsides of the pontoons and underside of the deck: I like the idea that foam panels could be clipped into place to suit the buoyancy.

N.B. That's me hanging from the rafters top left...