Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Covidiary #8


Desperate times call for desperate measures and I need to make the prototype as portable and practical as possible. Toward this effort I reduce the size of the passenger compartment by eliminating the 'booster' shelf and sitting the dummy ~ as indeed I shall be sat ~ directly upon the floor of the phone-box.

All of this only possible because I have been able to source pop-rivets online for collection, without which these modifications would not have been possible. The most sophisticated of aircraft in the form of Boeing's 'Dreamliner' suffered early in its career from precisely the same problem viz. a shortage of rivets ~ back then though as a consequence of excessive zeal toward 'just-in-time' means of manufacture.

Same afternoon too the castor-wheels turn up, and fitting them to that pair of skids a job for tomorrow, Rome not having been built in a day as the milkman I once worked alongside was oft to say.

Rest easy, Ron.