Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Indiana Jones and the Templates of Doom


The question of the aperture in the flight-deck arises, or in layman's terms, the hole in the drone. The Hole in the Drone sounds like a country pub that serves bitter and fish and chips, so I shall be using it again.

For this task I choose one of those foam seats that you slip into a kayak to prevent boils on the bum next day. I take a photo of it and reverse the image into a negative so as to save the ink cartridge. Then I divide it in two digitally until it looks like the MRI scan above.

Printing two of these at a reduced scale now that they fit on A4 stationery, I turn one over and tape them together to form the outline of the seat, albeit reduced by around ten percent.

This is because old slinky-hips here can squeeze like a rat up a drain-pipe into a 13-inch* gap and I want as much material surrounding me as possible, as this is what clamps the rotor-arms in position.

You can use the above template yourself, and adjust it accordingly.

*Kim Kardashian need not apply.