Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Personal Air Vehicle?


Turns out there is a wealth of aluminium stock out there at six metres as well as five, which shows that when pursuing projects it pays to question everything.

Meanwhile I update the website to describe the essentials viz. the loose assembly of three team members along with the more rigid assembly of the three test-types. Take a look at www.teledrone.com and see if you can figure out the navigation? I can, but then again I wrote it.

Having constructed the metre-model version of the phone-box and tried it on for size, the more I look at the above outline, the more I figure we can get it off the ground. The benefits of which are twofold in that (1) it's cheap and (2) it gets us halfway there and (2a) I like it.

The props are better under-slung, and that's another lesson learned from putting the scale airframe together during the last week.

I like lessons from history though, and the first mass-produced car was Old's (auto)mobile.

It wasn't his only prototype... there were ten more.

When the barn caught fire one night, however, it was the only one light enough to be wheeled to safety.

And there's a lesson in that somewhere.