Thursday, August 5, 2021

New Slant

While on the subject of canted planes and trawling the archives or my 'empire of dirt' I see that around a year ago I considered offsetting upper and lower drones. Though I've been considering simple quads recently for hovering here and there, I honestly cannot see that in design terms it is worth doing anything less than fully-fledged multicopter. Staggering the upper plane offers ergonomic advantages in that, sitting upon the lower plane, the head height is not restricted as it would be whilst sitting in an upright box. 

Was a time I would have registered this as a design, though in retrospect I've done so for those iterations least worth protecting and overlooked those most so. My opinions have been canvassed from time to time by the UK Intellectual Property Office, or the Patent Office as was and I've suggested that it became something of a personal space for any individual's output.

For the one advantage it has is a longevity getting on for seven centuries, and much as we love Facebook and associated bollocks, I just don't see it lasting that long. Frankly though, that could be said about human civilisation.

(And that's an oxymoron if ever there was one.)