Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Reebox


With the country in Coronavirus lockdown and hardware stores closed as of today, it was wise in retrospect to have got in the last of my supplies yesterday... not so much food that is, as aluminium.

But I feel the times call for desperate measures, and in step with the current circs I decide to pare the airframe (to be suspended between a pair of drones as per...


to the bone, consistent with structural and aesthetic requirements. For designers the simple chair is a stock in trade, and I've hankered after draughting one for years ~ and now I have.

Seems a trivial thing to be doing somehow, but then the novelist Herman Hesse continued writing in exile in Switzerland throughout WW2. He felt artists were like flowers in that they continued to blossom, war or no.

Finally ~ and some time later ~ in accordance with what I call "Dyson's Dictum" that you learn nothing until you start building, I modify the space-frame in order to make assembly rather easier. Design is a many-headed beast, design for manufacture not the least of them.