Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Change of Tack


Take the unusual step of posting twice in the one day. The pop-riveter expires on me, not least because I discover my final (Coronavirus) supply of rivets is of the wrong type. I look again at the 2/3rd scale prototype and decide to stick with it, if only to reduce the workload. 

It is heavier than the space-frames outlined in the previous post, but I don't think that really matters in the scheme of things. This one here weighs only eight kilos (or eighteen pounds) after all, and in view of the fact the dummy it is destined to carry weighs only three ~ whilst my son for instance weighs twenty-three ~ then that's not an issue.

Accordingly I mount it on the drone I've struggled to complete this afternoon, and the prop clearance looks ideal. I'll stick with Plan A therefore and get this flying, and use it as click-bait thereafter in an effort to raise funding for something able to support an adult.

And given the accelerated pace of the virus in the UK today, we'll all be in need of support of one kind or another in the coming months...