Sunday, March 24, 2024

Quad Squad

My gut feel is to run with this one.

We've a constrained budget, and so it's not worth trying to compete with the likes of Jetson or Pivotal who've years of development and substantial investment to boot. My instincts are to develop for the home-builder, and beta-test the most economical and efficient means possible of getting airborne in a straight line.

I've flipped the design horizontally, as we're going to develop for an underslung seat as well as a stand-up booth and we'll be starting out with the former. Reasons for doing so are the fact that (a) it's easier to make and (b) people are more comfortable with a seat when it comes to pleasure flights... of which I've operated many in my time.

Accordingly although it can be designed left-foot first instead of right-foot as here, I've found from exhibiting quads of this sort that it is best approached from the left ~ bearing in mind that approaching the vehicle you'll be taller than it, and one of many advantages to this design is that there's nothing to walk into whilst doing so.