Thursday, December 3, 2020

Every Which Way... Including Loose


There's a point where you have to recognise you're going no further on your own, and so I load up the 'DRONE and ship out to a facility where we can examine this warning in the flight-control software regards an erroneous AHRS... which to non-technorati is an artificial horizon.

The solution is a reload of the firmware and re-calibration of the accelerometers and compass included within the flight-control module out front on the electronics tray.

I was hoping it wouldn't, but in fact this would involve holding it inverted, on its back, on its right side and on its left side in turn... whilst at the same time rotating it (and by 'it' I mean the entire machine) through 360 degrees. I wondered whether we'd to chant a Buddhist mantra at the same time, but apparently not.

This is not something we ever had to do with the Airbus, and if I get my way it's the one thing I would like to avoid doing ever again. A blessing therefore that the prototype is comparatively light, and set to get lighter still as I develop it.

From thence (and with its electronics protected by a supermarket bag) it was on to its temporary home, where shakedown testing awaits.

Shake that (albeit electrical) booty!