Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Alloyed Joy


Gives us a better idea of the layout, but basically two quads one of which is inverted and stuck to the bottom of the other to provide eight arms on which to mount motors and rotors.

Been fairly plain sailing as indeed it should have been in view of the fact this is the sixth frame of its kind that I've assembled. As a result each iteration has got altogether lighter and faster to build.

The central aperture is such a tight fit that ~ as it stands ~ it is too tight a fit, which is a variation on building the boat that's too big to get out of the workshop doors.

I'm confident it'll fit by tomorrow however as I think the issue is friction, with the foam filling in this sandwich construction being somewhat rough prior to a lick of resin.

It ought to fit anyhow because it's based on a template I tried on for size repeatedly only yesterday (although admittedly I dined handsomely last night).

I've designed aeroplanes in the past so small that you needed measuring for, but this may yet be the world's first 'bespoke' helicopter.