Friday, July 12, 2019

For the Record


Actually, see no need for suspending the blog during the course of construction because (a) seems churlish and (b) it's my diary and I'll cry if I want too...

In order to squash a 'flying phone-box' into the allowable dimensions ~ complete with quadcopter top and bottom ~ I've to reduce their foot-print to a minimum.

This involves dismantling the previous build and recycling the parts, which initially involves foreshortening the cantilevers that support the motors and propellers.

With nine inches to come off each, my preference over the jig-saw is to take them to a local engineering workshop for a straighter cut... achieved as above with a band-saw instead.

The veteran (who has broken off from the current task to attend) refuses to accept any cash.

I insist on a tenner however, suggesting he use it for lunch?

Says he'll buy a pint on the way home from work.

My kind of engineer.