Friday, March 1, 2019

Four-Square


These are problems you face as a developer... those times when you have to go with your gut.

Persuasive factors, three-off:

Firstly, supporting the drone before flight I want it balanced around my trunk. Setting the opening farther back would mean me standing like I was selling ice-creams at the cinema.

Ditto once airborne, when I don't want any drift due to out-of-trim moments.

Finally, I've every confidence the engineer can bias the controls to allow for rotor off-set.

Talking of guts too, I have tried it on for size and it fits like a glove. I noticed the other day that the guys fixing the electricity pylons hereabouts had all-in-one coveralls that included hooks for abseiling and I've a notion I've seen commercial window-cleaners with the same.

Mental note to look into it.

That's 3mm aluminium in the pic by the way, like it says on the tin, albeit shrink-wrapped...